We offer a wide-ranging civil litigation practice with a particular focus on insurance-based claims. We have a high profile within the insurance industry in Tasmania and regularly act for a number of the principal insurers in Tasmania, including the Motor Accidents Insurance Board.
We offer personable and experienced Hobart litigation lawyers who will guide you through the process of litigation with knowledgeable, practical advice in plain English, at reasonable hourly rates.
Our lawyers practice as both barristers and solicitors, giving us the flexibility to act as ‘in house’ Counsel and attend Court on our clients’ behalf. We also brief external Counsel as required.
We act for individuals, businesses and their insurers and can assist with strategic advice, exploration of alternative dispute resolution and early settlement of claims, through to the pursuit or defence of litigation.
Contact us for advice and assistance with:
- Motor Vehicle Accident claims including making a claim for damages for personal injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident, ascertaining your entitlement to benefits under the Motor Accidents (Liabilities and Compensation) Act 1973, and proceedings in the Motor Accidents Compensation Tribunal;
- Personal Injury – assisting you to claim damages for loss of income, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering when you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence;
- Workers Compensation claims, ascertaining your entitlement to benefits under the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988, and proceedings in the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Tribunal;
- Professional negligence, indemnity & liability claims including medical negligence;
- General commercial litigation including motor vehicle property damage and debt recovery claims.