Workplace relations and employment law has been a constantly changing landscape in Australia. We offer personable and experienced Hobart Workplace Lawyers who can assist you in relation to employment and workplace relations matters with knowledgeable, practical advice in plain English, at reasonable hourly rates.
We regularly act for both employees and employers giving us the ability to tailor our strategy, advice and representation to your particular needs.
Contact us for advice and assistance with:
- Front-end compliance and pre-employment assistance including advising on and negotiating contracts, minimum statutory terms and conditions set out in the Fair Work Act 2009, awards and agreements, long service leave legislation, superannuation, protection of confidential information and intellectual property, and post-termination restrictions;
- Employment entitlements advice including the effect of and compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009, the National Employment Standards (NES), awards and agreements, minimum wages, performance management, general protections and varying terms and conditions of employment;
- Post-employment advice and advocacy including termination of employment, procedural and notice requirements, unlawful termination, summary dismissal, unfair dismissal, redundancy, general protections and adverse action claims, confidentiality and post-employment restraints of trade;
- Discrimination claims including claims to the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Office of the Anti-Discrimination Commissioner;
- Actions in the Fair Work Commission, referrals to and investigations by the Fair Work Ombudsman;
- Claims under the Fair Work Act 2009 Anti-bullying provisions and complaints to WorkSafe Tasmania under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012.